We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV Picture does not come on for 20mins

ernieg7

Likes # 0

My Toshiba Regza tv when turned on the picture takes 20mins to come on all coloured lines at first but sound is there. When picture comes on it is perfect from then on. will it be worth geting repaired. Thanks if anybody can help. Yours ernieg7

Like this post
yonex24562

Likes # 0

Hi there, haven't been on the site for a while so didn't see this. My mother in law has a JVC tv which was doing something similar. As it was under guarantee at the time I phoned the sellers helpline for her. The tv was getting put off at the tv but not at the wall, the suggestion was to try pulling the plug out the wall for about ten minutes then trying again. It was something to do with the tv not completely powering down and when we tried it on restart the tv was back to a ten second start. Don't know if this will help you but it's worth a try. Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days