We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wanted a new phone contract ended up with bad customer service

purplepig

Likes # 0

Proper fed up of crap customer service, The latest one this week is Phones4U. They just dont seem to listen to what you want. It is almost like all they care about is selling you the contract and phone with the largest commision rather than the one you want or best suited for. Really wanted an O2 contract phone. It took me 30 minutes of chatting to a sales person (use that term loosely) before finding out they dont even do O2 contracts! AVOID!!!!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I am on my second contract with Carphone Warehouse, am happy with their service and products. Maybe you should give them a try.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Yes, I have to agree with Nontek. I'm on my 2nd contract with Carphone Warehouse too, in spite of shopping around. I've had nothing but excellent after-sales help, very friendly assistants, lots of knowledge etc.
Can't rate them high enough Good luck, Purplepig, sorry you've had a bad experience recently with that other company

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

If you want an 02 contract look at 02 online ive been with 02 7yrs never had a problem and the contracts are cheaper online than in the shop They always give me a good deal because i always threaten to leave and go elsewhere when the contract comes to an end

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I had an absolute nightmare with Carphone Warehouse over billing during the entire length of my coontract and vowed never to step in their shops again. Then my son came home a few months later to say he had just signed a contract with CPW. I was concerned but when he praised the excellent service he had received in the shop I concluded that any company can improve.

How wrong I was, within a couple of months the phone stopped working and it took CPW months to sort, then they started billing him incorrectly, again they seemed incapable of sorting. In the end they agreed to cancel his contract without penalty.

Needless to say he now would not touch CPW with a barge pole either. Perhaps we were just unfortunate and they are now much better.

Like this post
hellowinter

Likes # 0

Have you seen how much the contract is for the Iphone 5 on P4U?!?! No wonder they ain't shouting out about it in store... its nearly £500! They only offer it if you buy the handset and 'contract' of PAYG.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Hellowinter

The cost is comparable with the other suppliers, CPW is also £500

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room