We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SD card data not showing on Samsung Galaxy Ace

Throbber

Likes # 0

I had to factory reset my Samsung Galaxy Ace recently. Before doing this I dismounted and removed my SD card, which had most of my apps on it. When I put the SD card back in my phone - no apps! It still shows as having about 4GB of SD card memory used, which was about what it had before, but shows no apps on SD card. Anyone know what's wrong and how to get my apps back?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you reinstall the apps? Did you back up the Ace to your PC using Kies before the factory restore?

Like this post
Throbber

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell Not quite sure what you mean by did I reinstall apps. Do you mean from scratch by downloading them again from play? Or is there a quick way of reinstalling them if they are indeed still on the SD card? Does Kies back up apps? I certainly ran backup, but thought that it was quite limited in what it backs up - contacts etc but not apps. I'll run a restore from Kies and see what happens.

Like this post
jhonsonalina

Likes # 0

Are you unable to access your SD card data? Don't worry! To recover your corrupted SD card data you should use Stellar Phoenix. Its really works good.

For more information visit:- http://www.deleted-photorecovery.com/supporting-videofile-formats.php

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Exactly the same happened to me when I updated my Galaxy Nite to Jelly Bean.

I connected the Note to my PC and used Windows Explorer to copy the files from the card to the phone, where they are now available.

Don't know if you can do the same with the Ace, but it's worth a try.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks