We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Choosing an 'value' Android smartphone

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Not an help question, more as a curiosity consumer one!.

Recently I have witnessed many 'Android Smartphones' being advertised from £99.99 to £49.99 delivered free. And these 'bargains' are usually snapped up very swiftly. They are usually advertised with all sorts of wonderful and worthwhile things, which I assume are very essential to the 'must haves' and possibly not for those that know better?.

So as a consumer question: What would you buy for a beginner or possibly future proof (?), without getting to technical at the prices (£99.99 now £49.99) being suggested?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This is really a question for our Mobile Phone Help forum, so I'll move it across (from tech Consumer Advice) now.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The first question is what do you want to use a phone for. If it is for making phone call, sending text messages, taking photos and sending photo messages then a very basic phone will suffice but the camera may be better on the more expensive phone. If you want to browse the internet, receive e-mails, use facebook, using maps with GPS, use other apps then a better featured phone will be required.

I don't think that any are "future proof".

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK