We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

usb media storage on tv

nufc1958

Likes # 0

i have a tv which says i can record onto usb,then playback ,which type and size of usb do i need and best place to by one

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Make and Model of TV ??

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

USB sticks are pretty standard look for offers for a cheap one (some fakes on the net) Rymans have a 32Gb stick on offer at the moment.

Your TV manual will tell you what format the stick needs to be for your TV to see and record on it (usually FAT32).

Like this post
digitalddo

Likes # 0

Of course, TV shows can be recorded to any external drive like USB drive. In new advanced TVs, there is an option to record to USB. You have to attach your USB drive to TV USB Port then follows the following quidelines, but first you ensure that your TV support recording technology.

1 Attach your USB HDD (note you must have USB HDD) to TV USB port, which is mostly found on back of the TV.

2 Use fresh or formated drive, most TVs give support to format USB HDD also.

3 Now, you are ready to record TV shows with the remote control by clicking the record button on your remote control, you can pause and play also. Your recorded data will automatically stored on you USB HDD.

Hope this helps

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Lets hope its not a "logik" tv from currys,i bought one for a bedroom tv the only formats it supports to playback from usb memory stick are .dat and vob unbelievable,shame cos the tvs rather good

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad