We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dead Battery, what next?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've had a Nokia C2-05 for about two months. I let the battery run down whilst it was laying in the car and when I attempted to recharge it, it remained as dead as a Dodo. I only use the phone in the car, so is it now possible to get it going again or do I just chuck it away and buy a new one?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Really dDead batteries frequently take a long time to even show a glimmer.

Did you keep it connected to the charger for at least 24 hours?

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Morddwyd. Hi, Yes I did keep it charging for more than that but it just never showed a glimmer. Thanks for the reply and I am now doing a deal for a new phone with that nice Mr Branson (Virgin Media) for a new one. But it bugs me that batteries are so unreliable. It was left in my car for about two days, unfortunately I had left it switched on and it just ran out. If I had left it charging it would have probably overcharged or something. Ah well, maybe batteries will keep on improving and who knows they may invent one that will last for ever. Thanks again, now going for a look at Speakers Corner before I go shopping.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

They don't want to provide decent batteries not in their interest, better for them that you buy a new phone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing