We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connecting pc to tv, again

1smurff

Likes # 0

hi, Ive recently upgraded from one samsung tv to another.Connecting my original tv to pc via hdmi was relativly simple.However this one is so befuddling. Has anyone connected a series five samsung to a pc. The e-manual on the tv has so many ifs and buts I do'nt know whether I'm doing right from wrong. So far I've got the sound coming through. I've only got a blank screensaver on tv, Ican move the mouse pointer from monitor to tv , as well as a shortcut, I can click on the shortcut but it will only open on the pc monitor, so frustrating trying to 'configure ' tv and pc. I have googled and viewed different forums but unable to understand or lacking expertise in this solution, if there is one. Please please can anyone guide me through on a step by step basis as how to solve this. thanking you so much , Smurff

Like this post
1smurff

Likes # 0

yabadabadoo !!!!found the solution to the blank screensaver, control panel, adjust screen resolution , and instead of having the multiple displays section reading ' extend these displays ' I changed it to duplicate these displays and hey presto it all works. Simple when you know how. A lot of angst beforehand though. problem solved , hope it helps others with the same difficulties

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more