We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sony Ericsson W995 questions please!!

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I know a few people who are going back to the SonyEricsson W995 & similar phones as it has better audio & is more compact than smart phones & screen less likely to crack & no small qwerty buttons.

Can apps still be got for this phone as i see they are here http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/sony-ericsson-w995-softwares_2044/1/ & are they reliable?

What with the great camera, awesome, stylish finish & extra propper phone jack.

Info appreciated

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

ok, s i found out the other night from a person that is using one of these phones that some phones, service provider depending, come with "apps" preloaded, like Orange mobile, but youtube comes with most.

I was told that apps don't exist for this phone, which makes me wonder what the page in my previous post is!!

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Is this a help forum or what????

Here it shows applications, are they preset when buying the phone??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73-xskJ_l4

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I thought this was supposed to be a help forum?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Maybe you should stick to one thread,and wait for answers before asking three or four questions before anyone responds?

Like this post
tech-ultrasonic

Likes # 0

Yes they will work but the experience won't be as awesome as running these apps on a phone with a bigger screen than the W995

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Going back to a w995 may be one option but if you are worried about screens there are some ' hardened ' handsets that you may want to consider

catapiller b15 Samsung Galaxy XCover

ps don't be too impatient in waiting for replies we all try to help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites