We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hiding wifi networks

kfm

Likes # 0

When I turn on the wifi on my phone and my tablet, all my neighbours networks appear in the list. All these networks are secure so I could not connect even if I wanted to. Is there any way of hiding or blocking these so that only my network and unsecured hotspots are in the list. Cheers Ken

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Not if you want to use hot-spots - how else would it find them without searching all available connections?

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

You'd think there would be a way of hiding some by excluding them, but unfortunately I don't know how to - they all keep appearing. I posed a similar q a few months ago as I'd prefer to connect to The Cloud rather than the BT signal, but to no avail.

Best of luck kfm - I'll keep my eye on this thread:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK