We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Card for Fuji camera

Bike-it

Likes # 0

Just bought a Fuji F800 camera and i need a new memory card for it, what size card would i need to buy 16 or 32Gb i will be using the camera for taking shots around the house going on holiday and the odd night out, is the card in the link below suitable for my camera just a matter of choosing which size to go for?

http://www.7dayshop.com/memory-cards-and-usb-flash-drives-1/sdhc-cards?cat=494

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

You have to check your manual to see if SDHC cards are compatible with your camera, if not just go for regular SD cards.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

The Sandisk Extreme HD Video SDHC 16GB is suitable for your camera.

If you look at your instruction manual it will tell you how may photo's/videos an 8GB card will take.

Unless you are going to take a lot of videos a 16GB would be big enough.

Personally for pictures I would use a smaller card as I've never been able to fill even a 4GB card.

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

I use a 2Gb card in my Nikon DSLR set at the highest quality and take lots of pics and like BRYNIT havnt managed to fill it yet. I can take 278 pics before its full and as I download them to a PC regularly dont need anything more than a 2Gb. 16Gb and 32Gb cards are very expensive by comparison and if you lose it all your pics will be gone.

My advice would be to buy a couple of 4Gb cards and even if you use the camera to take HD videos you will still find them more than adequate and if, at a later date, you decide 4Gb is not enough you can always get an 8Gb.

Hope this helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...