We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Play compatibility on Archos tablet

davecooper

Likes # 0

This subject may have been covered before, apologies if it has. My Archos 9G3 Android (Ice Cream Sandwhich) tablet does not support Google Play. This is a fact stated on both the manufacturer and Google Play websites. While I don't fully understand the technicalities behind this, I do know it is down to compatibility issues. My question is basically, is there likely to be a fix for this in the future? There seems to be a number of "fudges" out there but nothing sanctioned by Google Play or the manufacturer themselves. If nothing is ever likely to be available, I will not look any further and make do with the device as it is (it is actually fine for 90% of what I want it to do).

Like this post
jemyclarke

Likes # 0

I think you have problem in your Archos 9G3 Android tablet because I have read that many device do not support applications. I have same problem in my Sony tablet and Google play does not work. I thin you should go on that store when you buy. Hope it will help you. My website - senua-digital.co.uk

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Yes, it seems that either Google will not grant a license for Google Play on some devices or the device manufacturer will not pay for the Google Play license. I do not understand why though. Will some devices not support Google Play for some reason? Why would one Android device be different from another?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback