We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Galaxy Note II Help please

ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Hi, I am a big Apple fan and have, apart from my Desktop and Laptop, an iPod and an iPad. My ancient Nokia needed replacing and I was quite keen to get an iPhone. I wondered what all the fuss was concerning Samsung Galaxy and so deciced to investigate. Outcome was, no iPhone and I bought a Galaxy Note II mobile phone which I am delighted with. However, not easy to get to grips with. Yes, for just making phone calls etc but the unit is capable of so much more

• Tags:
Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Softmaker, once again I have fluffed my response. I was just going to correct my errors in what I had written above but pressed a wrong key and my message went on its way. In one part where I typed what time of account, I should have said what TYPE of account.

I can assure you that I did input my correct Yahoo name and Password. Not only that, but I have read on a help forum page [ cannot remember which one] where some other Galaxy Note II owner had the same message saying his Yahoo user name and password was wrong. This is a mystery and so infuriating.

I note your suggestion about trying a different email option other than Yahoo but I my preference is to stay with Yahoo when using my Ipad and Galaxy. On my main computer, I am with Zen and I don't want zen synced with my mobile devices - hence wanting to have Yahoo.

One thing if you have Apple products, you can phone up a help line or indeed go to an Apple Store. Not so easy with Samsung - do not know of a helpline and there is only one Samsung Store and that is situated in London so too far to travel. I have decided to go to an O2 store and see if they can help. I have printed out your response to me and will take it with me. I will post again on here when I have any developments. I am very grateful for the trouble you have taken with my query.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I think you were half way there to setting it up but have not entered the port numbers correctly? ie POP 3 and SMTP ports.

Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Hi rickf

I think you are spot on and that is where I am coming unstuck. I went to an 02 shop yesterday and explained my problem and straight away I was told, oh it involves Pop 3 and for that you need to speak to our Guru and he is not in today. So, hopeflly, on Monday all will be resolved?? That said, hmm, I have no knowledge of Pop3 and STMP Ports. My main desktop computer has Zen and for this I have a Default Gateway code [SSID ]? written down but when I use my Yahoo Mail on my iPad, just a simple set up, User Name and Password and I do not recall ever having to be involved with Pop3 - so am curious to find out. Thank you so much for posting a reply and I hope to announce on here, next week that YES - YAHOO is on my Fabulous Note II phone - fingers crossed.

Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

PS

Have just input a query re Yahoo and Pop3 into Google and up came two pages of informnation headed

YAHOO Mail configuration generator SMTP and POP3 Configuration for Outlook and Outlook Express

underneath it specifically mentions about this tool necessary for Yahoo Mail [ and Hotmail etc ]

So, yes, hopefully the 023 Guru will help next week.

Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

UPDATE

Have had help trying to get Yahoo set up and a knowledgeable person said, no problem, I will do it for you. Oh dear, even he came unstuck. Again message saying wrong User Name and Password. However, he put the Yahoo App on to my Note II and this solved my problem. Can now access my Yahoo Account as well as being able to send and receive emails.

Thanks to all for your aasistance.

Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Yes, iPhones are brilliant but, so are the Samsung Galaxy Range phones - almost level pegging in comparison charts. As an Apple fan, I initially wanted an iPhone but the larger screen on the Galaxy Note II was the deciding factor for me. It has not been easy having to learn the Android system especially since there are no Free Workshops as they have in the Apple Stores but I have been able to telephone the single Samsung Flagship store in London and get help from staff in my mobile phone shop as well as from this Forum - so am getting there albeit slowly. I am truly delighted with my Galxy Note II.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July