We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Losing Channels on Panasonic TV

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

We have a Panasonic TX-P42U30B television. After problems with "No Service" on Channel 10 - ITV3 and Channel 31 5USA or anor channel 5 I retuned the TV. I no longer have Channels 10, 31 and 16 (QVC) on the list of channels available. There may be more, I haven't noticed.

When I switch reception to a digital receiver the channels are there. We have a Samsung TV upstairs and the channels are there.

I've been through everything on the menu that I thought might help without success. The software is the latest available.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Can anyone please suggest a remedy?

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Doing a google it would appear that this is a common fault with a Panasonic TV. No specific remedy.

I've turned the TV off at the mains and let it stand for 20 minutes.

Checked that all the wires are properly connected.

Restored it to Shipping Condition and it retuned automatically - still missing at least three channels.

Retuned it countless times. I am stumped.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Sent an e-mail to Panasonic - will keep you updated with their response.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

From another thread, I discovered that my problem was the local transmitter Pontop Pike. Not my Panasonic TV although they seem more prone than others.

Anyway, TV does its own thing looking for new channels. Before I could even click on menu to do a rescan, hubby said that a notice had come up saying found new channels click OK to install. Bingo ITV3, QVC, 5* and 5USA are back. Phew, thought the Panasonic was up the spout.

Will give this one a green tick. Will be interesting to see how long it takes Panasonic to reply to my e-mail.

Like this post  
Border View

Likes # 0

Amazing - 18 days later Panasonic have responded to my e-mail asking if I still have the problem. (Due to technical problems). Would have been tearing my hair out if I hadn't resolved it with the help of this forum nearly three weeks ago. Lesson to be learned somewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days