We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Galaxy Ace usb connection

cadoc

Likes # 0

I installed Kies on my PC, (Windows XP), for my new phone with mixed results but now my PC is not seeing phone at all. Initially, although very slow, Kies saw the phone but several attempts later I had to use the troubleshoot connection but to no avail as the program seemed to just sit there forever telling me that it was reinstalling the driver. I eventually had to shut it down but the pleasing result was that my PC could see the phone as I wanted to, i.e. not through Kies but just by plugging the USB cable in and connecting like a removable drive. This was fine for a week but now, when plugging in the USB cable, I get the connection 'bleep' but no USB icon appears at the top of the phone screen and I can no longer communicate between phone and PC again. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, USB debugging off and on and all the suggestions for USB drivers but no joy. Can anyone help ? All I want to do is load photos from the phone to my PC and vice versa.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try reinstalling Kies.

When I connect my Samsung S3 via USB, Kies opens automatically after a few seconds.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Or - if your photos are on a Card, remove card from phone and insert via Card Reader on PC (you will need an Adapter for the card, usually provided with the card).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...