We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't add email addresses to contacts Samsung Galaxy Mini 3 S6500

Florio

Likes # 0

Hi, When I open my list of contacts, I don't have the possibility of adding email addresses (only name and phone number). I've checked settings etc. but can see no option for enabling or disabling the inclusione of emails. Has anyone come across this problem before, or does someone know how to solve it? I'm almost thinking of doing a factory reset. If I decide to go ahead with it, can/should I remove the SIM beforehand?

Like this post
Fantome29

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. I found the problem was that my contacts weren't saved on my phone, they were saved on my SIM card. If you save them to your phone, then when you go into them it then gives you the option of adding additional fields such as extra numbers, e-mail & physical addresses, birthdays etc.

Try going into your contacts, and from the options choose 'Import/Export' and then 'Import from SIM card'... you will probably have some double-ups which you'll need to delete, but you should then be able to edit your contacts and enter more information under each one. You can see a SIM card symbol next to any contacts which aren't saved to your phone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia