We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Galaxy Ace Battery Usage

Scott20

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I bought due to my budget a smasung galaxy ace phone in the knowledge the battery is a negative aspect as I am charging 2to3 times a week. I'm only a light user just calls, text, web, photos etc.

I read somewhere to alleviate this issuse it's advisable to download something called android smart killer or something like that. Is this effective and are there any other tools to free up battery use?

Would be grateful if you could advise best approach.

scott20

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

You can limit battery use by switching off: Use wireless Networks; Use GPS satellites; Wi-Fi; Bluetooth; reduce Display Brightness to minimum. If and when required you can then enable what is required and then to remember to switch it off again after use. Finally it is also worth making sure that after using any applications, you check and turn off any running active applications when phone is in standby mode. Finally ensure the display switches off after a minute or so of non-use.

AFAIK the tools will only just do the above.

It is worth downloading the following app:

Battery Widget which gives you % of battery power left.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

You're lucky to only be charging it 2 or 3 times a week. I have the same phone and it is almost daily and that is being careful not to use wireless, GPS or bluetooth unless I have to. I rarely use the internet either, but I do make heavy use of e-mails so I supose that is where the usage goes.

I agree with Zak that Battery Widget will help to identify power usage. Sorry but I have not tried the app you mention.

Like this post
jemyclarke

Likes # 0

Every people who have used smartphones, they have Battery usage problem but here you have shared that you are charging your mobile 2 to 3 times a week. It is really great because you are not playing some games in your phone. You just use your phone in normal usage.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015