We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help needed with apple upgrade 4 to 4s

golfpro

Likes # 0

I am just about to upgrade my apple 4 8gb to a 32gb 4s. I have been using the 4 for some time now but find it is to restrictive among other things. My question is when I get the new phone, is it just a case of inserting my sim card and will the phone respond to all my settings or do I have to make some changes if so what? Hope there is someone out there who has had to do this and can put me on the right track.

Like this post
c4rm0

Likes # 0

Is the new phone on the same carrier ? different carrier ? or is it unlocked ? if its on the same carrier should be just a case of just inserting your new sim logging into your Itunes/Icloud accounts and then your contacts , photos should then be pulled down/synced to your new phone

I personally use a tool called Diskaid to transfer my files , SMS, contacts if i ever upgrade someones iphone for them

http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid

Im surprised you have upgraded from a iphone 4 to 4s its basically the same phone just slightly faster. + if you find Iphones to be restrictive you should of gone for a android for example Nexus 4 / Galaxy S3 :)

Like this post
golfpro

Likes # 0

c4rmo. Thanks for the reply, The new phone will be on the same carrier and as I bought this new it is unlocked. I had problems when I first got the phone about a year ago (I got the wrong phone then, should have got the 4s at this time). but I am still having problems syncing in cloud between my iPad and macbook air, as yet have not found a way to resolve it. I will have a look at that program you use. I just hope (when my new phone arrives Christmas plays havoc with the post) that all I have to do is insert my sim card enter my aApple id and hope. If not I will be back on the phone to apple suport again. BTW regarding your question about the other phone models I did have a look though them the only one which I liked was the Nokia lumia but nobody has one as yet.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Your carrier may well walk you through the new sim card activation - O2 does this by text, and should be simple.

Make sure you first back up either to a computer or via iCloud. That way when you first sync with the new phone it should restore to the most recent back up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'