We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can I transfer mini DV to my computer without a firewire port

ramelak

Likes # 0

I need to transfer videos from my mini DV tapes to my laptop, which doesnt have a firewire port. On connecting with a normal USB cable, it doesnt recognize the device - is there a way I can transfer without firewire?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
xw1985921

Likes # 0

You can try this function is very powerful Bros MOV converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MOV converter you can find this powerful software.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Spam by xw1985921,

FE Informed..

Like this post
orienne21

Likes # 0

If your laptop has an express card slot, you can buy one with a FireWire port. Obviously be sure to get the right size card for your slot and also be sure it has mini FireWire if that is what your connection lead has.

Like this post
orienne21

Likes # 0

Maybe this link will show what I mean't about the express card. I'm NOT recommending this particular card and you should do your own research. Also Nonteks post,above may give you some ideas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006FXV84S/ref=pdlpok2dpsr1?pfrdp=103612307&pfrds=lpo-top-stripe&pfrdt=201&pfrdi=B003N3J354&pfrdm=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pfrd_r=057Y15A6P5C03AYG3NF7

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If its a older Laptop you can buy a PCMCIA Firewire Card.

Link to Card

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

With the correct Software you can use USB to get the film onto Laptop. Not forgetting that If its not NTFS File System. Fat32 creates only 4Gig files so it splits the film

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

With the correct Software you can use USB to get the film onto Laptop. Not forgetting that If its not NTFS File System. Fat32 creates only 4Gig files so it splits the film

Like this post
forumolacabs

Likes # 0

Olacabs is a Car Hire Bangalore Company.Olacabs Launch Android Apps for Bangalore Call Taxi. Passenger cab install apps from Google play in free pf cost and book nearest cab. Passenger can also track cab that moving towards you.

Like this post
ramelak

Likes # 0

Thanks Orienne21, that does look like the solution to it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement