We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A simple SKY box question....for you, but not for me.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Here's the thing:-

I want to connect a SKY+ box to two TVs. One is adjacent to the SKY box, and is already connected, the other one is two floors up. I have a coax cable available between the two locations - can I use it to provide the upstairs TV with a SKY picture, and if so, how do I connect at the two devices?

I may know a little bit about computers, but (as you can see) when it comes to TVs and satellite boxes my brain turns to jelly.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't know about co-ax, but I've certainly dome it with SCART, and am currently doing it with HDMI.

See no reason why it shouldn't work wit a co'ax splitter, tho' you might need a booster as I'm not sure about the strength of a co-ax signal.

If you are going to use something like Power Mid for control you might also need a booster for three floors.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

You can allways pay for multi room

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

tullie

I don't need multi-room control. What I want to do is to be able to view the same SKY programme on both TVs. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

How about using a wireless link you can get them in Argos,plugs into skybox then reciever into the tv you wnat the signal to.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

If the co-ax is already available, try it, using a splitter if necessary (I can't remember whether the Kky+ box has two outputs, does it have an RF1 and an RF2?).

If you just want a simple SD picture with no control that is the easiest option.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This might help, click here.

Like this post  
bremner

Likes # 0

The Sky Box should have an RF out coax connection in addition to its Scart and HDMI (if it is so eqipped) from which you can run the cable to the second TV. I have been doing so for years to the kids rooms.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

mordwydd, rdave13, and bremner

Thank you all - the coax cable is already in position, and using rdave13's excellent link I have been able to sort it all out - SKY picture now available on the second TV.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I have 2 additional sets connected simply by co-axial cable. Works fine

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more