We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPad....or Galaxy Tab? Opinions please!

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Help! I am in a dilemma! i currently have an iPhone 4s, which I am happy enough with. I dont have a mac, just a laptop/pc.

I want to buy possibly an iPad, mainly for use in my one man band performances, as a way of displaying lyrics of songs. I have seen it in operation doing just that and it does it very well.

However Im wondering if I should get a Samsung Galaxy tablet instead (which one? dont know!?). Im wondering if the whole apple thing is over rated and over priced. If I got the Samsung , then at next phone upgrade I would probably change to the Galaxy phone too. I hate the idea of having to use iTunes to put music from my laptop on my iPhone.

I would be going for an iPad2 which are currently €399. I suppose Im looking for general recommendations.......iPhone v Galaxy Phone, iPad v Galaxy Pad, having to use iTunes for transferring music (I prefer WMP)v not having to....! Or is Apple so bl**dy good that its worth the price and the iTunes hassle??

Im totally confused, please give me your opinions!

thanks

h

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

I have the galaxy note 10.1. It's my first tablet as I have always thought them a bit gimmicky.

This model seems to da more than I need. The advantage with the pen is fine control, practically pin point accuracy.

I can download what I want to it, they are plenty of apps, it even has infra red control for replacing tv remotes.

The Apple is an Apple, seems tied to I things and I have never liked that.

If you google Ipad/Galaxy they are a few demos of pros and cons.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Double Post,

See this Click here

Like this post
tanjagersten

Likes # 0

Nexus 7, period!

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Yes sorry, I posted it in the mobile-phone forum but there were no replies even after a few days, so I thought maybe it was a quiet forum, and posted it elsewhere.

If this was a problem, sorry!

h

Like this post
jemyclarke

Likes # 0

I think both are really amazing gadgets. iPad 2 is really awesome tablet which is provide by Apple and you know very well that Apple give world's best technology and applications which you have never seen before.

Like this post
cellphone

Likes # 0

Galaxy tab got some hardware issues...Iphone is the best. www.top7mobiles.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'