We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem installing Skype on Samsung phone

straggler

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I have a Samsung GTI5500 phone, purchased about five months ago. I installed Skype when the phone was new and used it for a few months with no problems until it froze. I uninstalled it and tried to download and reinstall a newer version of Skype but I keep getting the message that there isn't enough memory available.

According to the phone settings I have 95MB free on the phone itself, plus another 361MB on the SD card. This should be loads, shouldn't it?

Any ideas?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Have you tried a power down and battery removal?

Like this post
straggler

Likes # 0

Yes, I've removed the battery two or three times.

Like this post
intensecool

Likes # 0

Try this APP: APP to SD, and move whichever app installed in your phone memory to your SD Card. That will free up your space and may be skype will be able to run.

Check & Reply

Like this post
straggler

Likes # 0

It won't let me move any apps to the SD card. I tried SETTINGS-APPLICATIONS-MANAGE APPLICATIONS. There's an option to move to SD card but it's not available.

How much memory does Skype need?

Like this post
intensecool

Likes # 0

Try deleting some of your applications which is of no use or your don't use it. Skype needs more memory as it is a heavy application.

Like this post
straggler

Likes # 0

I checked on the Skype website and it says I need 28MB of free space. I have much more than that so it should install....

Alternatively, how do I alter the phone's settings so the download will go to the SD card?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite