We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wet iphone

handout

Likes # 0

Hi My daughter has dropped her iphone in a puddle, When she noticed it the display was still on but very faint.She removed the sim card and is trying to extract the moisture with dry rice at the moment but would appreciate any other ideas if this does not work.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Make sure it is turned off.

The gadget show tested all the anecdotal methods of drying out mobiles and found none that was really any more effective than leaving it to dry in a warm environment. Rice scored very lowly.

Put it in the airing cupboard for a few days and then turn it back on.

It is truly a lottery whether it is fried or not.

Like this post
handout

Likes # 0

Hi bremner thanks for your comments sorry it has taken a while to answer lots to do. The phone was in an airing cupboard as well as the rice but was just trying to cover all bases, I knew it was a long shot.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

With my lloyds account and my daughters Halifax, as long as the phone is registered then it is insured against accidental damage, water damage and theft, iphones have an excess to pay. Worth checking yours/hers home/bank insurance?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......