We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bluetooth Connection to Car System

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Nokia 6700 slide mobile phone. It was supplied by Virgin Mobile on a 24 monthly contract. I have been using it for about three years and everything has been o.k. However recently it stopped connecting by Bluetooth to my car's system. The car dealer tested other mobiles in the car and they worked fine so it is definitely the phone which has become faulty.

Virgin have tried to sell me another deal with another phone which would cost a lot more of course as it is a better phone. But what I want to know is. Can the present phone I am using be fixed? I only need the mobile in the car and of course it is still usable but not through the handsfree Bluetooth system.

Or would it be better for me to buy a cheap (Bluetooth capable) pay as you go phone and use it for in the car only? If so can anybody on here recommend one please?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I wonder if you returned the phone to factory settings,would it make a difference?

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

tullie. Thanks for your reply, but how do I try that? I still have the original box and the instruction booklet so I will read through that later tonight (after Pointless of course).

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Good luck,let us know.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm with Virgin and I'm surprised if you can't get a New 24 month contract with either more minutes for the dame cost, or half the cost for the same minutes.

For phones check out eBay, there's loads of unused contract renewal phones for sale.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014