We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

using Samsung Kies help please

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

on a galaxy 3 is kies preinstalled cannot find it? if yes how do i find it please.

as for the pc i take it i download fron here http://www.filehippo.com/download_kies/

once i connect the phone do they auto sync? or does the pc treat the phone as a hard drive and its copy and paste

just a little lost on kies

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Kies is very flaky, and fussy about sequencing of operations.

You should be able to download it from the Samsung support site.

Not sure you'll find it listed on your device. It's part of the system software and fires up when required.

Synch will be automatic, once you can establish a connection, which may take a few attempts. It also takes some time so be patient!

My experience is with the S1 and the Note, not the S3

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

so if i put it on the pc it should auto connect to the phone if wifi enabled? have i got it right.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have Kries installed on PC, I have set it to open automatically as soon as I attach my S3 to USB port. I have never had any connection problems between the two.

Yes phone should be Wifi enabled.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Oops, sorry - Wifi does NOT NEED to be enabled on phone (I have just checked mine) if you are connecting via USB.

Phone will connect with Kries on PC via Wifi, but that is the users choice - I always connect via USB, perhaps that is why I do not have any connection problems.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you want to connect via Wifi, on the phone go to Settings>More settings and then scroll down to see Wifi for Kries.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, I dunno where that 'r' came from in Kies :-)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't confuse him!

Forget wifi.

I've never got it to work yet!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Make the auto-connect setting from within Kies on the PC.

There is a box to tick for auto-sync in Options in Kies.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I agree with morddwyd, forget Wifi.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest you only download from the Samsung support site UK support. Input your phone and then when it opens the relevant support page you will find downloads split between software and manuals. Kies will be part of the downloads. You will be sure using this method that you get the latest version of Kies which is regularly updated.

Wifi only works with a few Samsung phones (not the Galaxy 1) and as stated best forgotten.

Kies Air Samsung Kies Air though is useful to transfer photos, etc wirelessly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made