We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help please for my Samsung Galaxy Y pro

ChrissieFizz

Likes # 0

I can't find out how to upload photos from my Galaxy Y Pro to my computer, I have plugged it in with the USB cable supplied with my phone. Please can someone help. Many thanks. Chrissie

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you installed Samsung Kies on your computer? If not download it from here http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-B5510CAAXEU-downloads and use it to transfer photos.

Like this post
ChrissieFizz

Likes # 0

Thank you so much for that info, I have downloaded it and am just about to try the uploads, will be back to let you know how it goes. Chrissie

Like this post
ChrissieFizz

Likes # 0

That was so helpful, many thanks. Wonder why they don't put anything in the Samsung manual telling you that. But it worked, thanks to you, Woolwell.

Like this post
Ericwatson

Likes # 0

After you plug the phone into the pc, check the status bar of your phone. There should be a USB Connected link there to select which will give you the option to Mount the phone. Once you've done that your pc should see your phone ok. Don't forget to remove your phone from the pc using the tray icon before selecting Unmount from the phone. I hope it would help you. :)

Like this post
ChrissieFizz

Likes # 0

Thank you too Eric, am going to copy and paste these helpful comments for the future! Have never had to do all this on my previous "non-smart" phones! Many thanks to you both, Chrissie

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The instructions are on pages 94 and 95 of the full manual.

Ericwatson's instructions are slightly incorrect. According to the manual you can connect as a mass storage device but this only accesses the memory card. After you connect the usb cable you have to Open the notifications panel and select USB connected → Connect storage to PC → OK.

Like this post
ChrissieFizz

Likes # 0

Thank you Warmwell, will keep this info as well. Many thanks.

Like this post
parker32

Likes # 0

Here is a complete user experience review on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos dual SIM phone. I’m using this phone for more than two months and recently the major bug was fixed on this model with the software update. Therefore, this is the correct time to share my experience and recommendation on this model. Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos – Model BT5521 is an entry level Android powered Dual SIM phone from Samsung. The price is very reasonable and features are good for the price. You are not going to miss anything important, at the same time not going to get anything extra from this phone for the price.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In Kies go to Tools>Preferences>General and tick the box to Auto-run when device is connected.

I have found this to be quite handy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia