We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to unlock a Huawei Ascent G300

alibob

Likes # 0

Three weeks ago I bought a Huawei Ascent G300 phone from Tesco's in Ayr. It is apparently locked to Vodaphone which would be OK but for the extortionate charges for phone calls, more than twice the cost of my present supplier. I have tried to get it unlocked,(3 different shops) but none were able to unlock the phone, something to do with wrong software, may have to wait a few weeks apparently. Why is it not easier to unlock phones?, why sell phones if they cannot be unlocked?. Any suggestions would be helpful to a very senior citizen. Thank's.

Like this post
Sicknote2479

Likes # 0

I got my son'a one done from a seller on eBay, cost me about £6 and the code was sent to me in a day our so. Worked first time

Like this post
alibob

Likes # 0

Ref my query about unlocking my new Huawei phone, I tried 3 different phone shops who all tried unsucessfuly to unlock it then phoned Vodaphone who gave me a number to put in, did that switched phone off, put in my other sim card , tried again & the phone worked. The shop prices ranged from £15 to £20.The phone call cost nothing. Hope this helps someone else.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...