We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LCD TV picture quality poor when programme is dark

aca

Likes # 0

Hi I have a basic 23" TV (F&H Ebuyer own brand). Most of the time the picture is fine but when there is a dark scene and fast moving images the quality drops and you get a very blurry/"pixelly" picture with poor definition.

I am looking to change it but wanted to sus out what was the likely cause of the issue.

thanks

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Quality of the picture is in proportian to the quality of the Tv and screen,and more the quality of the incoming signal. After all you'd not expect the refinement of a Bentley for the price of a Mini would you.

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

appreciate that "helpful" response, I was hoping for something more technically astute.

quality of the tv and screen was in proportion to my budget

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

is the tv built in digital or are you using an external box? if external try using a decent scart cable as that can improve over a cheap cable.

If its a HD it wont by nature show SD very well.

but in the end mole1944 is correct in what they say, the Panasonic's in the low end of the market are pretty good.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Just to add,I'm with virgin and use a Samsung Tv switching from there signal to a very good roof top aerial i was amazed at the difference in picture quality. Virgin picture quality was on a par with the best and during the Olympics there HD output was so clear even i was amazed.

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

thanks

the signal input is an interesting line rather than the quality of TV.

I have just put together a media PC and hooked in via HDMI to the TV, and absoluteley no blurring and much clearer in dark.

So could be sky box/cable did have same with playing DVD but thinking back this was fed through the sky box

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Another thought are you using a decent conecting cable i know it's digital but a very cheapo cable won't help.old puter saying ofrubbish in rubbish out", like i say good signal good cable good tv,simple.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features