We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which is the best smartphone for me??

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have seen a Dutch Aldi android AT-AS43D2 Wolfgang dual simcard, simlock vrij, smartphone for only €179 (but I wont be able to buy it on 1st sept in Holland) I have two pre-pay sim cards for UK and NL, and this looks an ideal phone for me, I only use the free WiFi at airports and places with free Wifi, and only use the prepay simcards for minor phone and texts. Hence I want to buy a cheap smartphone that I can use on free WiFi places and keep my pre-paid sim card option (I will NO WAY buy a "package" with a monthly subscription) but would rather buy a relatively cheap but reliable handset that I can use my pre-paid sims in. this is a link to the Aldi Wolfgang smartphone:- http://www.attelecom.info/media/Snel%20Start%20Gids-Wolfgang-AT-AS43D2-Android-4.pdf I am wondering if this offer will be avaialable in the UK also? what do you think?? or which handset only deal would you recommend to me? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

http://www.attelecom.info/ PS this link above is to the Advanced Telecom site which bring this phone to the Aldi supermarket chain in Holland. Laptopdunce

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Hi, that link is to a "tablet" I am really only looking for a dual sim card smart phone

Like this post
SandMulls

Likes # 0

Lots of people do ask this question. :) it always depends on what you want. If you desire functionality, then look into the various features that the phone has, if you are more into aesthetics, then one look at the phones that you are thinking of will give you an idea which one is better. So basically, it's your choice. Personally, I prefer an iPhone. The one that you have linked to is quite okay, but if there's an iPhone there, I think it will be better.

Like this post
Sammyi

Likes # 0

Have you considered tablet? I think it is also a good choice.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

does a tablet also have a mobile phone in it? I thought they were just mini laptops without a SIM card for the phone? LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
G-telware

Likes # 0

I think Galaxy Nexus is the best smartphone for you, The best Android phone to date, the Galaxy Nexus dazzles with its curved display, sleek design, fast performance, and, of course, the Ice Cream Sandwich update and only for $579.

Like this post
Ericwatson

Likes # 0

In smartphones, I only like SGS3 with lots of features and latest updated software,having my own and very happy with it. :)

Like this post
G-telware

Likes # 0

completely agree with Eric, UI also think that, Samsung Galaxy Nexus is better that other with Dual Sim adapter features.

Like this post
Jakeyatkin

Likes # 0

It's mostly down to your personnel choice but there is only really the Samsung galaxy s3 and the iPhone. I have had a iPhone for the past two years and there very good but they bring a new one out every 6 months and it doesn't take long for yours to go out of date

Like this post
Shubhangi

Likes # 0

depends upon your usability plus your budget

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert