We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sending Photos With An S3

dazzawm

Likes # 0

After speaking to Orange it seems it is a problem with the S3 that all photos are sent as MMS therefore when received the other end they are in slideshow/video format and not a 'normal' photo. Has anyone else come across this and found a cure/fix? Orange suggested I downloaded an app for sending photos. Any suggestions on this please?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

have you tried setting up free gmail and sending via gmail.

i use gmail to send photos all ok [i am not with orange]

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

The problem is that is an email and not all recepitents have email on their phone which is why I need to send them as messages.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

They are a normal photo but part of an MMS. What do you want the recipient to be able to do with the photo other than view it? They should be able to save the photo to the phone's memory. How they do that will depend on their phone.

You and the recipients may want to consider Whatsapp

Like this post
lhalfman

Likes # 0

does anybody have problem with connection sometimes? it freezes while i am on facebook sometime

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

That is probably down to your ISP, also are you on it at peak times?

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

If you are wireless that is and not using your phone network.

Like this post
techforce

Likes # 0

Have you tried saving it from the phone inbox of the receiver? In some phones, you have to save the picture message from the message to the gallery for you to be able to view the photo later.

Like this post
Ericwatson

Likes # 0

Im having problems with recieving mms as well. My friend on iphone sent me a picture and i get a Message size:XXX, Expires:date/time and then a "download" window so you press it but i end up with a picture failed to download when i try it.

Im wondering do you have to enable mms somewhere?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ericwatson

This is from the S3 instruction manual ...

To View a text or MMS,

In the application list, select Messaging. Your messages are grouped by contact as a message thread. Select a contact. Select a MMS to view more details.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do