We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

mass screenshot on galaxy3

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

got 120 screen shots as quick as i try and delete one another is being saved.

no idea ow to delete the lot or stop more being saved.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

had to reboot to stop the screenshots multiplying then delete one at a time via gallery icon.

no idea what set it off.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi sunnystaines

I wonder if you have been (inadvertantly) causing screen capture. There is a feature whereby, if ticked in the appropriate settings, that you can take a screen capture by swiping the side of your hand across the screen, either to the left or the right.

So, maybe this has been happening without you realising, hence then having so many to delete?

This explains better than I do! Hope it helps you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDik7kk1j9I

Cheers

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

AroundAgain

thanks so far it has not restarted.

still on the galaxy learning curve

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Yep, same here. Brilliant mobile, though, don't you agree? Perhaps we should start an S3 help and tips page ;)

BTW, after posting, I then found out you can take screen shot by pressing the power button at the same time as pressing the 'home' button which is more likely to be done if you are holding the phone and not realising you are putting pressure on the power button at the same time as pressing home button.

Some very interesting and useful videos on Youtube although not always easily followed. Search Galaxy S3, of course

Cheers

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

AroundAgain

the offending tick has been removed now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days