We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung S3 or Iphone 4gs?

the old man

Likes # 0

Due an upgrade now and currently have an HTC Desire. I fancy upgrading but not sure what to do. Any advice appreciated.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The Samsung is the better phone and the iPhone has the better operating system (iOS)

If the rumours are true then the next iPhone could be launched in September and this could be better than the Samsung and will have an even better version of iOS. IPhone5 launch

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i have just gone from htc desire to galaxy 3 a few days ago very pleased with it, but there is a learning curve to go through the android is a later version.

only minor disappointment no proper classic ringtone its all daft melody tunes, i'm looking for a app to sort that out. the screen is so much better.

if you get the samsung and want a samsung cradle to use as a satnav or hands free buy from o2 shop they are £15.99 whereas phones4u are £29.

Like this post
Matt Bell

Likes # 0

Get Samsung S3 if you want a really good phone. My sister has Samsung S3 and she is very pleased.

Like this post
manoj9585

Likes # 0

If you want more free apps, the option of changing the appearance of the home screen, and the power to put your apps on an SD card to move to another phone in the future, go for the Samsung. Also, I'm sure you don't have to sync an Android, which saves 1 hr+ of wasted time. If you want bragging rights and Siri, go for the iPhone 4S. However, when you sync an iPhone, it creates a back-up of all the data on the iPhone, so if something happens to the iPhone, you won't have wasted money.photo collage online

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

manoj9585 - adds a spam link to his posts.

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

In my opinion the Galaxy S3 all day long. It is the first 'flash' phone I have had and it is brilliant and i know from a friends experience the iphone is a lot of hassle having to sync with itunes etc. every time you want to put a simple mp3 on it.

Like this post
lhalfman

Likes # 0

I don't think you can compare the S3 to 4S but maybe the iphone 5 when it comes out. Even though there are some minor problem with the S3 it is still a great phone

Like this post
nihao15

Likes # 0

iphone 5 when it comes out. you can see it.http://www.turkey-android.com/

Like this post
the old man

Likes # 0

I have bit the bullet and gone with the S3. Don't think I have made the wrong choice as it is a gorgeous piece of kit. Large, but I will get used to that. Very quick, lots of things to customise, and very intuitive.

Like this post
SandMulls

Likes # 0

One thing that had me going for the iPhone over the S3 is the free fax to email app that I found at http://www.maxemail.com/max/iphone.html

Since I am always mobile and would need to receive important faxes every now and then, i would really need this functionality. So, for me, it's the iPhone. :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer