We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

need help with samsung s3

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

1] in settings i have put a tick in the charging led light but no charging light comes on, though does say charging on front page.

2]] what is kies?

3] what is haptic or auto haptic

• Tags:
  • s3
Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

1. Don't know

2. Kies is to Samsung as iTunes is to Apple.

3. Don't know.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ams4127

thanks, the led light comes on now but not till its been on charge for a while.

i can now foeget kies not into itunes or similar, at a later date will copy nmusic from computer over.

still lost on auto haptic

downlading apps does not work with samsung apps go round in circles had to go via phoes internet to get an app.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"i can now foeget kies"

Think you misunderstood.

Kies is the Samsung PC software that allow you to update, back up and do many other things.

Many don't like it but it has its uses - upgraded my Note to Jellybean through it a couple of days ago.

I think haptic refers to the vibration setting.

Wiki see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haptic_technology

Not sure about auto haptic though.

Like this post
james105051

Likes # 0

From the Maunual

?? Haptic feedback: Set the device to vibrate when you press the Option key or the Back key, or press and hold the Power key or the Home key. ?? Auto haptic: Set the device to vibrate when playing sounds in downloaded applications

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As morddwyd states you cannot forget Kies. It's not that good but if you want to update the phone or back it up then you need it. It is also frequently the best way to transfer data to your pc.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks everyone.

new question

the s3 ringtones are all daft melodies. I like the classic old phone ring tones.

downloaded an app with all these on some good ones too. but i think it was for kids to play the tones back not to set as a ringtone.

anyone know a free app where i can set the phone to ring with a classic ring tone rather than these chavvy tunes please. [one thing i do miss from my old htc desire]

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In the old Galaxy 1 you could open the music app then select a tune or anything recorded by holding down on it then you would get a sub menu with set as and after choosing that you could set it as ring tone. I'd be surprised if it isn't the same in the Galaxy 3. I've used the same ring tone on a Windows, Symbion and Android phone plus a recording of tree frogs.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

On my note I simply transferred my ringtone, as an ogg file, from my pc to my phone using explorer.

It then appeared automatically in the ringtone lis.

Assuming you can swap files from your pc to the S£, The S3 shouldn't be too different from the Note.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

to late traded the htc in for £60 yesterday and formatted the sd.

woolwel thanks not looked the the music bits yet

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you looked in the music bits yet? Try transferring a classic ring to the music.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?