We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sending a text in a samsung

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

tried to send a text in samsung s3 galaxy, tried to type the word ashsford but the phone kept changing the spelling of it . not send text message before how do i stop it doing this please.somehow the message was sent but do not know how. what do i press as a send button.

my first day and trying out the features. lost already.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi Sunnystaines

Yep, I sympathise with you. I got Galaxy S3 just on Tuesday so have been working my way through 'some' of the bits and yes, it's so difficult at times, isn't it?

As for typing Ashford, I've just tried it and after typing Ashf, it then came up with Ashford. So, not sure. Have you tried continuing to type in the letters and see what it comes up with? I've not already typed that town on this phone so I don't know why it came up ok on mine.

However, like you, I would like to know how to 'force' the required letters/text.

As for how to send a text, it seems you need to tap the little black envelope with arrow pointing to right, at the bottom right, beside the message pane. Hope that helps you on that bit...

User Manual Galaxy S III

Well, I hope you get to grips with it soon. I think it's a brilliant phone but will be even better when I learn how to use it!!! ;)

Cheers

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

AroundAgain

thanks i will try again, it so much better than my prev phone, still got to play a learning curve. display times out very quickly not sure how you set it to detect your eyes like they say in reviews.

also ring tones a bit naff missing my classic phone ring tone from the htc, prefer proper phone ring to these melody tunes.

still very pleased so far like the super fast boot up and the screen.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi again, Sunnystaines

I've just been watching some YouTube 'How To' for S3 which you may be interested in. They are very short but do give a starting point, at least! ;)

This link takes you to setting up the S-Voice. I haven't done this yet but will give it a go soon, I hope ...

Vodaphone Tech Team

There are a number of others there too. Have a good time today with this, eh?

Cheers

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Firstly, let me say that I don't have an S3, but surely the answer is to simply turn off predictive text. It's switched off in both my iPad and Blackberry. I do not need a machine telling me how to spell!!

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi ams

Yes, you have a good point there. Thanks. However, I have predictive text on mine (including my new S3) and it typed out Ashford with no problem

It seems a bit of a learning curve when moving from a bog-standard call/text phone to a Smart phone so maybe there is a way, once discovered ... ;)

Good suggestion, though Cheers

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ams4127

you tip worked, found the option by pressing the cogwheel icon in the keyboard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...