We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting a Sony Bravia TV using ISP proxy software - how?

Milkshakenz

Likes # 0

I live in New Zealand and use software to allow my PC to access BBC iplayer and other overseas sites, usually only accessible from within the host country.

When my PC 'thinks' it's in the UK (so can access iplayer, and all ads etc are UK-based), my Sony Bravia TV, which connects via the PC, still only displays local content.

I understand, in the UK. BBC iplayer is obtainable via Sony TV's and playstations etc using the wifi connection.

So when my PC 'thinks' its in the UK, why doesn't the TV?

Like this post
Milkshakenz

Likes # 0

Quite surprised after 170 views no-one has any kind of a suggestion or solution?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you tried this Click here

Like this post
Milkshakenz

Likes # 0

I'm using Easy Hide IP. Their helpful helpdesk tell me it'll only work on the PC its loaded on, not on another internet-enabled device connected to that PC. The suggestion above sounds interesting but seeing as I'm already paying for the software I have, I'm reluctant to fork out to try another one at this stage, unless there was a free trial period without actively having to opt out at the end of it.

I'll keep looking and hopefully something will turn up.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

The suggestion above sounds interesting but seeing as I'm already paying for the software I have, I'm reluctant to fork out to try another one at this stage:

As there is nothing to buy (It's Free for 3 PCs), It's obvious that you have not read the link I supplied.

I'll keep looking and hopefully something will turn up.: Good luck with that, Hope you find what you want, Even when people take the time to supply you with all the Info you require.

ps. I do hope you are not a Spammer, Or you are looking at Ban by FE..

Like this post
Milkshakenz

Likes # 0

My apologies, you're right, I missed the link and instead went looking for the software directly on Google - hence the page I found said I had to supply a credit card to get the trial.

I'll give it a go now I can see your link is there.

Not sure of the reason behind your last sentence?

Genuine question, on a genuine site and a genuine answer. Nothing strange there.

Anyway, thanks.

Like this post
Milkshakenz

Likes # 0

Just re-visited the link posted by Lazarus.

While the CCplayer software suggested IS free, the other software shown, which it also relies on (UK i Player) is NOT free. There is a free week's trial, conditional on giving payment details.

I did try CCplayer with easy hide IP, but it didn't work.

So my third post WAS actually correct

Obviously Lazarus didn't read the link (s)he supplied ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...