We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Galaxy S3 Text notifcation issue

clive.crouch

Likes # 0

Can someone please advise how I can turn the text notifications on/up. All sounds and notifications are switched on/up but I dont get a noise when I get a text!!!

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

I have just come on for help on the same problem. I sometimes get a sound and sometimes don't.

I also have a problem with creating texts. I prefer to use the phone keyboard rather than the qwerty and do predictive text but when a word is not recognised I have to keep going into settings and changing into normal letter by letter text to write it. Also I know there is a way to add the word for use the next time but as soon as you turn your phone off it is wiped from the memory.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I only have the basic Galaxy S but the settings should be similar. Apps - Settings - Sound - Volume and check that the Notification volume is at the right level.

I don't have a problem with added words being wiped. But try this Add custom words

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you get a text message notification in the status bar

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

For notification sound in messaging, Messages > menu > settings > select ringtone > ensure you do not have it set to silent

Like this post
funkywobin

Likes # 0

Hi there I am getting the same issue, but with a little bit more added to the issue, as I've read from some of the replies to this issue, my sound isn't set to silent it is set on full volume, I can receive a text and my message sounds happens and then the next reply I can get half the sound and then the next message no sound at all, or I some times get no message tone at all, my next issue is when I am using the phone say i'm browsing the net and I receive a text message I get no text sound, and the phone vibrates for about 20 seconds and the whole phone freezes until it has stop vibrating and sometimes the phone vibrates and then the phone reboots, if anyone has these issues or knows how to fix these please get in touch as you can understand the frustration it causes with this amazing phone

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days