We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Conversations Folder on Android Phones

SURVEY

Likes # 0

I have an HTC Desire running Android. Google started some time ago to introduce a 'Conversations' threaded message folder and all emails download into that. I can reply to those messages. However it takes a considerable time for the emails to appear in my normal Email Account folder on the phone. I would love to be able to delete the intrusive Conversations folder but skimming through all the android posts on the internet where people hate the folder, it may not be deletable. Is it actually possible to remove the folder?

I know one can use another email handler but all the alternatives seem to have a downside.

This appears to be another example of a big company forcing its views on the customer, whether they like it or not and not heeding the feedback. Do I have to select a non-android phone next time?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I only get text messages in my Messaging app and e-mails appear in e-mails or can be found in the social hub. Not sure what you mean by conversation folder.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - My android phone gives folders of Email (All Accounts), Conversations (these are threaded emails), Favorites, Unread,Marked,Meeting. It is not possible to delete any of these folders! It is so annoying that the emails first show as Conversations and then some time later show up in the normal email inbox.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My android phone has e-mails and gmail in separate apps. No conversations except in gmail and messages.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Is it possible to remove the Conversations folder in gmail? I belive that you can on the internet version but I dont think you can on the mobile android gmail version.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Don't think that it is possible to turn off conversations (it is not a folder, just the way it is displayed in thread) in the gmail app. However see this which may allow you to use the standard mail app for gmail and mail app does not use conversations.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - link?

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - link?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

click on see this or http://www.ehow.com/how12056321remove-threaded-feature-gmail-app-android.html

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Forgot that PCA doesn't underbars enter link description here

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - thanks!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite