We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobirewards is it a virus?

awest3
Resolved

Likes # 0

My route to safari is blocked on my iPhone by something called mobirewards. I appear to be the 10000th visitor and have won a reward. It's put up a dialogue which only has one button 'press ok to continue' . I'm loathe to do so. I can't see a way around this. Is there anyway to get rid of it without pressing ok?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Just a guess , but try removing the battery for a while, when you replace the battery the rogue might be gone!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Google say - not a virus, but it is a Scam!

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

thanks for these, I took the battery out and restarted to no avail I'm afraid, it was still there.I needed to use safari so in the end I hit ok.

Nothing serious seemed to happen just another screen asking me to get in touch with them to claim my reward.....yeah right!

At home I've blocked the site through my router. When I'm out using 3g I suppose they could try again.

All seems ok at the moment, the site is not registered, 'mobirewards.org' that is, so I suppose as mentioned its a scam.

Thanks again

Al

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Thats interesting..! I could not post my reply at first. I had to take the block off the site 'mobirxwards.xxx'. I've put the block back on and am testing it..I've taken out a few characters from the affending web site name as I think its checking the words in the post..we shall see.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

yep that seems to be it..all ok so long as I dont put the website name in the post...

Al

Like this post  
Nontek

Likes # 0

OK, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...