We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone watch Olympics on 3D??

JoeHill79

Likes # 0

Hey guys, I bought my LG 3D/smart tv few months ago and watched few games from Euro 2012 in 3D. OMG it was an amazing experience and I can’t wait for the Olympics. I wish they have more 3D contents on Olympic games (my fingers crossed). But it seems like I am the only one who got excited about this whole 3D tv thing. Anyone want to join this excitement?

Like this post
redturtleneck

Likes # 0

In my opinion 3D tvs are made for watching sports games and playing games. I wonder how great it would be to watch opening parade in 3D. it would be so great. You’re not alone!! Lol

Like this post
tobyhunter

Likes # 0

Exactly, 3D TVs are best for playing games and watching sports. 3D contents like movies and games are easily available in the market. That will be a nice experience to watch the Olympics in 3D, I think I can make use of my savings for LG 3D/smart TV.

Like this post
billwillclark

Likes # 0

The Olympic Broadcasting Services will produce quite a number of sports in 3D such as Opening and Closing ceremonies, men's and women's gymnastics, cycling from the Velodrome, swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo, full coverage of track and field, and the medal rounds of basketball.

Although the 3D Olympic coverage will be shown the next day, I'd still watch all sports competitions in 3D as I don't get to watch all of them on the day of live broadcast. Aside from that I have to maximize also the LG 3D TV that I purchased few months back.

Like this post
procrastinator86

Likes # 0

Yes! I watched the opening ceremony in 3D with my LG and it was quite a sight, especially during the industrial tower raising scene. Danny Boyle really got an eye for spectacle. I heard this Olympics is the biggest experiment with 3D television so far. Around 50 or something 3D cameras covering the major events. Haven't been keeping watch on the sports but I can imagine how good diving must look on 3d.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

There seems to be, as usual, a surfeit of LG lovers here!I can't help thinking this is a marketing exercise.

Like this post
Rooney85

Likes # 0

I was on a trip and didn't follow Paralympics news. Was it broadcasted in 3D as well? was wondering if it was good as much as Olympics or not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite