We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will a Windows SmartPhone

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

be able to run Outlook or display the content of a .pst file?

I know that they're Android and that, that can not usually handle Windows based Software.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Mobile World from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

A windows phone runs Windows Mobile, not Android, two different beasts altogether.

My WM6 phone used to run and synch with outlook, but don't know about the current version.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Most smartphones can sync data with Outlook and therefore display contacts, calendar, etc. This is not the same as running pst files.

Like this post
yonex24562

Likes # 1

If it's a new windows phone running Windows 7, it has a stripped down version of office in it which includes outlook. Don't know about opening the PST files though. I do know that the excel won't run macros. Hope this is helpful to you Eddie.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad