We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D A B Radio advice needed

conrail

Likes # 0

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

Hi guys, don't know what happened, put in title and post closed with nothing in the body, I am considering getting a DAB Radio but know nothing about them, if I program a local radio station in, ie BBC local radio Tees, I live in the Tees area, and happen to be in another part of the country, ie visiting my son in Glasgow, can I still get that station, this may appear to be a silly question but as I say I know nothing about them, all help and advice appreciated.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Probably not, but we need someone from Glasgow to confirm that. Wikepedia says: BBC Tees is available on DAB in Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire and online via the station's website. So, if you can't live without Radio Tees, have you considered an internet radio?

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

DAB probably has a less generous distribution than the equivalent FM signal. So can you receive Radio Tees on FM in Glasgow?

Probably the best way to receive local stations in a distant location is to use an Internet Radio - you could then receive Radio Tees in Australia! You would need access to the Internet at your distant location to do this (I use WiFi to connect our Internet Radios to my Router and can receive all BBC Local radio stations in my home). I also like to listen to stations broadcasting in The USA.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks onionskin & dms-05, I just wondered if it was something like a freeview signal, I have both freeview and freesat, prefer the latter but virgin offered me a deal which included freeview for less than I was paying them, strangest thing, I can get lots of radio stations on these channels but not local radio, anyway, again many thanks for your advice, I appreciate your time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote