We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sagem Freesat HD,Panasonic Viera 37" TV,Insoluable Linking Problem?

uggly

Likes # 0

Our council installed a new aerial and satellite system for our four bungalows.Inside mine,the box carrying the cables for the freeview/satellite were installed next to the fireplace where the power-points are.I have my phone-point,computer & pheriperhals in the front room.A professionally-installed amplifier was added and cabling run along my outer wall so that my TV could been installed furthest away in the same room to view and works fine with Freeview.

I would love to now install a Sagem Freesat HD-only box,but how do I when the main TV aerial/satellite cable box are 15' away?I can't see how to simply plug what is an extended aerial into the back of the Sagem and tune it when the inbound satellite/freeview box is so far away and on Freeview only?I know there has to be a solution,but what?

Any help,suggestions or advice would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

As I understand it, you have an aerial whose lead terminates in a socket near your fireplace. An extension, with in-line amplifier has been routed externally so that you have a Freeview box adjacent to your TV in another room.

You now wish to have a Freesat box also adjacent to your TV. It seems that you have a satellite cable terminated in some manner near your fireplace. I don't understand what you mean by "the inbound satellite/freeview box". Does it contain a Freesat receiver? Can you provide make/model details? I suspect that you will need to run a cable for Freesat, using F connectors, in the same manner as has been done for your aerial, possibly by-passsing the "satellite/freeview box".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home