We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPhone4- rings but no sound!

dnathan4
Resolved

Likes # 0

Please help me!

I have had an iPhone4 for a while (so basically out of warranty!)

It is in working order part from the ring - there is no sound. However, when you go into settings to change the ringtone/volume it works. All other aspects of sound work incl radio and music.

Also, the toggle buttons do not work on the side - i.e. cannot turn onto silent or turn volume up/down. So using it on vibrate which is fine.

I have restored the software to no avail.

Don't really want to buy another - please help! Thanks muchly

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 1

Google has many answers for this, the most popular is to check the button on the top of the phone which should be up (towards the screen). If it's already up then move it down and back up again. That seems to fix things for most people.

If not, then do a reset. If still wrong then go to an Apple dealer.

Like this post  
manoj9585

Likes # 0

In that case you have to go to the service center of iphone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015