We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phones4u, bought out contract, think I've been scammed.

Ripebear

Likes # 0

Here is my situation. I had a phone on contract with Phones4u on Orange for a 24 month period. I had around 3 months left and the shop said they would buy it out if I got a new contract, I thought this sounded fair enough, saving me money and getting me a new phone.

I went through all the stuff and eventually got an Iphone 4 8GB for 36.00 a month (At the time I didn't even realise it was an 8GB, and not 16). I asked at the time if I could get an Iphone 4S for around the same price, I was told no, I could not. I took the contract on Orange again giving me 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB internet usage.

I accepted that and came home, then realised the storage was awful leaving me with only 6GB after the IOS, then I looked online on the actual Phones4u website, to find that they had the Iphone 4s on several deals for CHEAPER than I took the Iphone 4, same network. And also on 02 they had a deal for Unlimited Calls, texts and 1GB internet usage.

Are what deals offered limited when a company buys out? Or should every deal be available since the contract is finished and I am going for a new one?

I'm unsure whether I have any right to complain here, as I took the phone and signed the contract, but I was told I could not get an Iphone 4S as well, which is misinformation.

Thanks

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

It certainly sounds a bit worrying. I'd be inclined to visit your local CAB and see what they say.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Isn't there a cooling off period? Go back to the store.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Leaked 'Windows 9' screenshots showcase all-new Start menu

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer