We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best option: Getting a Cinema 3D HDTV now or waiting for OLED TV ?

duke45

Likes # 0

We are planning to move to our new home in a month’s time and one of the decisions we have made recently is to purchase the latest TV set in order to comfortably watch the upcoming London Olympic Games. What we’re thinking now is whether to purchase the Cinema 3D HDTV or wait for the OLED TV that LG plans to release in May 2012. Any recommendation…?

Like this post
chasmithy

Likes # 0

Well if you have enough money to splurge on OLED than why not wait for another couple of month or so? I wouldn’t have that kind of patient though lol. As far as I seen on CES LG OLED looked really really gorgeous. I loved the design and feature so much and couldn’t believe how vivid the picture was. I’m using 3D cinema tv from LG and I absolutely love it too. Even if you get the cinema one I’m pretty sure you'd be pretty satisfied.

Like this post
lhalfman

Likes # 0

Waiting will be a great idea. The OLED convention show has revealed that the OLED is going to revolutionize the TV. I can’t wait to see what changes it will bring to the living room. I am just waiting and hoping for the best.

Like this post
aiato

Likes # 0

Yes, I admit that OLED TV has beautiful design and no backlighting which makes it thinner and lighter compared to usual LED/LCD TVs. It can display deep black levels and higher contrast ratio better too. But it is expensive. I don’t have that much money to pay for it. Until I can get enough money for an OLED, I'm okay with my LM760T. It has slim design and I was satisfied with its price of ?999. It has quickly become an indispensable part of my house. I will be enjoying my TV for 5~6 years and then think about OLED TVs when their prices will have dropped by then hopefully

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......