We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

freesat help

paulhis777

Likes # 0

Hello Please can someone advise me I have 1 satellite dish at the moment and have 2 HUMAX FoxSat-HD Freesat HD Recorder - 500GB I`m running the 2 from the 1 dish I think it has a quad LNB ? I want to run a 3rd HUMAX FoxSat-HD Freesat HD Recorder - 500GB But I have no more feeds from the satellite dish Can I buy a bigger LNB ? If so will I be able to run the 3 freesat boxes from the one dish? Thank you Paul

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

Hi, yes you can run a third box, you will need to replace the LNB for one with more outlets probably an 8 way LNB and run two more cables to the new humax unit. Each outlet on an LNB is seperate from the others, and don't forget to turn the power off at the mains to each Humax before changing the LNB! Good luck.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

You need something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-UNIVERSAL-MK4-OCTO-LNB-Freesat-Foreign-/110857661566?pt=UKSoundVisionSatelliteLNBs&hash=item19cfa1ac7e which costs a modest £12.95 delivered. This assumes you have a standard Sky type dish as most of these devices are aimed at Sky users with Multiroom installation. It will however provide enough feeds for 4 Humax Freesat PVR's so you will have a spare set for future use or as replacements if any of the others develop a fault.

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank for all your help great news for me thank you paul

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Q3 2014 financial results: Apple announces record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer