We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

contract v buying

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

in pcworld today got speaking with the phone assistant says in cheaper to buy a phone up front then go a sim contract than go on a no fee upfront and pay 24 higher payment.

showed a few examples with some big savings over 24 months of £60-£100.

wondered how many others go this route, had prev thought buying was just for PAYGO option.

still pondering

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I bought my latest phone - £29 - and have it on PAYG, it has cost me £8 in calls in the last year! I let people call me.

Like this post
manoj9585

Likes # 0

Yes i agree with your statement. In market you will see that,if you buy iPhone or other android phones they will contract with you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm not sure that the statement is entirely correct. I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy S3. If I but it it will cost just under £500 which over 2 years works out at about £20 per month then I have to add a sim contract which works out at about £25 per month. I can get a free upgrade and a contract for £36 per month (not now unfortunately but in a few months time) and that works out at about £10 per month saving.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwell i am totally lost now, the man in the store went through the figs twice with me and i saw the savings, now looked at your reply and see your right, somehow i think i have been conned by pcworld not sure how. anyway still not upgraded the free 100 day early upgrade if on a 3 contract is not what it seems either another play with figs to confuse got to wait till 7th aug now.

Like this post
aiato

Likes # 0

I personally don't like buying things on contracts. I try to earn money and then pay for anything I want. these all debt things will someday come and bite us.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite