We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Combined standalone Blu Ray player and external PC CD RW Drive

jvc2012

Likes # 0

My laptop internal optical CD drive has packed-up and I was wondering if there is such a thing as standalone Blu Ray Player that can double as an external CD RW drive.

I want to be able to connect the Blu Ray player (part) to my Optoma DV10 MovieTime projector (it has a built in DVD player but not Blu Ray) via the HDMI input socket. We don't have anything to play Blu Ray at the moment.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Anything here?

Like this post
jvc2012

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat, Thanks for the link. There are a lot of good sounding blu ray players there but lacking the dual functionality. However, it gave me a new buzz word to add to my search which has yielded possibilities - its the word Combo!

e.g. The LiteOn External Blu-ray Disc Combo is an easy way to add Blu-ray playback to your computer. ... Setup was easy – all we had to do was connect the drive to two USB ports ... with HDMI out, it makes an excellent portable Blu-ray player that can be connected quickly to a HD TV

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

The drive itself is slim and light enough to carry around, and when connected to a laptop with HDMI out, it makes an excellent portable Blu-ray player that can be connected quickly to a HD TV

Read again.

LiteOn External Blu-ray Disc Combo review

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...