We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

getting cash for old phone

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

might be upgrading my htc desire next week to a samsung note. the best deal is via the three shop but they do not take in the old phone. whats the best site to trade it in for a cheque and do i remove or leave in the 4gb sd-card, i know the sim goes into the new phone to keep the same number.

not done this before

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"do i remove or leave in the 4gb sd-card, "

Keep it. You'll want a card for the note anyway. and they;re always handy to have available.

You can get a lot of music onto a 4 gig card!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks morddwyd

whats the best way to clean/format the sd-card, wondering too now if i could put it in my samsung camera it has a 2gb card.

have you ever used a cash for old phone web site?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"have you ever used a cash for old phone web site?"

Not yet, but await your final update with interest!

"whats the best way to clean/format the sd-card," Most cameras I have seen, and some mobile devices have a menu item to format the card.

The general format seems to be Fat 32. Try just taking all the file off it in Windows Explorer and just popping it in. That's what I usually do.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

been asking around evryone seems round here seems to use a electronic goods pawn store called "cex" it does better deals than on the net. been in there got a good price quoted more if you still have the original cardboard box,charger etc store felt really strange loads of dodgy looking young lads hanging around in there felt out of place not having a hoody and tats. But yes helful staff and a good price offered.

not sure if any of these stores in your part of scotland or not but i would think glasgow might.

hope to sort it all out week monday if three do not change the goalposts again on updating your phone early with "3".

How is the voice contol on the samsung note, the htc is poor for sending texts, surfing etc etc using voice instead of the keypad. Looking forward to it fed up, with htc all three people i recommended the phone to all now have reboot sagas.

Like this post
gadget321

Likes # 0

if u haven,t already sold / traded your phone in yet,, i tried cex online (link below) http://uk.webuy.com/phones they quoted me upto £87 for the HTC Desire which is what i have and is in the middle of upgrading and wondering what to do with my old desire when my new galaxy S3 comes. Not sure yet about other trade-in / mobile recycle websites what prices they offer. As to the memory card question : most devices do give u the option to format a memory card or do it on your laptop / pc tower via windows explorer,, but i use a program called SDFormatter v3.1 from the SD website , link below. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ the free program on there supports all sd cards and many more and gives you plenty of formatting options. Hope that,s of some help to you. gadget321.

Like this post
G-telware

Likes # 0

Put the card in the phone as you will get a new SD card with note... Did u ever think about buying a dual sim phone as it is in trend......???????

Like this post
nihao15

Likes # 0

iphone 4 ?buy ihone 5 !go go go!http://www.turkey-android.com/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...