We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ice Cream Sandwich

spider57

Likes # 0

I have a samsung galaxy which I am thinking of upgrading to ICS, i have been told to do this OTA but I am concerned I will lose data and or apps,what is the advise? I thought about taking the SD card out as this has all the apps on it?????? Help

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I;ve answered this in Helproom

Like this post
spider57

Likes # 0

yes . first time on and noticed a mobile app forum, Ta

Like this post
spider57

Likes # 0

thanks for your replies, i did upgrade but anyone out there still thinking of going to ICS don't bother, my Samsung galaxy is I would say slower, crashed twice and if you like you screens how they are you lose all the apps off each screen and have to start from scratch tp put them back so be warned. All in all I wished I had not upgraded and don't see any improvement, you also get the awful green smileys which alone are not worth upgrading.

Like this post
amtradeuk

Likes # 0

I decided against upgrade as my colleague faced similar issues after upgrading. I also notice that there is speed issues so am using a mobile signal booster

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...