We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

VHS tape to PC/DVD

Rob Gibson

Likes # 0

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy to use, easy to connect package to allow my mother in law to save her old VHS tapes to her laptop and later burn to DVD.

I must emphasise the "easy" part!

Thanks,

Rob.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The easiest way would be to use a DVD/VHS combi. Hardly worth buying a new one but here is a used example for £45 if still about.DVD/VHS COMBI. Probably others on eBay

Like this post
Rob Gibson

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestions.

A PC-based solution would be best as it offers the ability for editing out unwanted stuff, and stiching together short bits of footage.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If you read dms_05's link and google the subject, there is a lot of software available.(Google VHS to DVD) If you have a good DVD recorder with an HD and burner you can do it and edit out gaps etc. Both My Pioneer and Panasonic DVD recorders will let you do this by connecting the VHS player by SCART to the aux input. Takes a long time and the final quality nothing like a new DVD.

Like this post
hath80

Likes # 0

Well, you can simply google your question for solutions. When I did that, I found this tutorial useful: http://www.imatesoft.com/burn-dvd/convert-vhs-to-dvd.html

Good luck.

Like this post
kategrin611

Likes # 0

DVD maker that can make the output keep in original quality.

source: http://goo.gl/iZep3

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Spam by kategrin611

Click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite